Welcome to Reiki Forum !       Just for today:   Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others. 

REIKI FORUM on Facebook and Twitter

Support us on Facebook
Become a Fan !
Support us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter !

Latest topics

» Hello I am back again after long time
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:04 am by lalith

» New way to clear chacras all at once
Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:15 pm by Domino

» Using Raku in treatments - advice please
Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:06 pm by Domino

» Intense reaction to me after working on someone??
Mon May 18, 2015 8:01 am by tarynwalker

» Reiki 1 attunement - practising on clients
Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 am by tarynwalker

» kundalini reiki
Mon May 18, 2015 6:58 am by ir3k

» Can Reiki help in Luecoderma?
Sun May 17, 2015 3:49 pm by tarynwalker

» Can reiki bring my ex-bf back?
Sun May 17, 2015 2:27 pm by tarynwalker

» Reiki for my dog Lilly
Fri May 15, 2015 2:46 am by gardening1963

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 37 on Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 am

Poll

Did Reiki change your life ?
51% 51% [ 33 ]
12% 12% [ 8 ]
31% 31% [ 20 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
5% 5% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 65

REIKI FORUM
" QR Code "
Scan it on your mobile phone !

Free REIKI FORUM Android App !

Reiki 1 attunement - practising on clients

Poll

Should you take on paying clients with only Reiki 1?

[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 0
rachysetty

Female Taurus Posts : 4

Reiki 1 attunement - practising on clients

Post by rachysetty on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 am

Hi

I only have experience & interaction with other Reiki practioners who went through the same teacher as I, and I was wondering what the general consensus on if you can take on paying clients with Reiki 1.

I was always told no, Reiki 1 was for self, family & friends only. You can only do clients with Reiki 2.

Thoughts please!
Very Happy

tarynwalker

Re: Reiki 1 attunement - practising on clients

Post by tarynwalker on Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 am

Hi Rachysetty Smile

It is generally agreed upon that first level Reiki is especially for self practice and for friends and family. This is so that a person becomes familiar with Reiki and the different responses to Reiki. In my opinion, whether to charge for Reiki really depends on an agreement between the practitioner and the receiver. If a person practices Reiki daily for some years and feels comfortable enough to begin charging and the person receiving feels that the exchange is fair then there isn't a problem. There's a common misconception that a Reiki session with a Reiki Master is better than a session with a Reiki l practitioner. Reiki is Reiki and is received at a particular time by some Grace which we can't really explain. The most powerful and meaningful Reiki session I've had so far was with a newly attuned Reiki l student. I think it's because I really needed it at the time and was completely open to a big healing experience. I think for a Reiki l practitioner who wants to charge for sessions the important thing is to present yourself honestly and let the Reiki do the rest. Feeling comfortable with charging for sessions usually comes with the confidence to put yourself out there as a practitioner. Always check your motives for wishing to offer healing and if you're coming from a place of humbleness you'll find that life opens the right doors to allow healing to happen through you.

Hope that's helpful.

Taryn Xx

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 am