~ Reiki Forum ~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Reiki Forum !       Just for today:   Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others. 

REIKI FORUM on Facebook and Twitter

Support us on Facebook
Become a Fan !
Support us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter !

Latest topics

» Hi is anyone still giving attunements ?
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 7:03 am by mikefarley001

» Does anyone have any angelic reiki attunements, They could attune me to?
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 4:45 pm by mikefarley001

» Kundalini Reiki
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 10:19 am by Pidge

» New Reiki App :-)
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 10:08 am by lalith

» ZIVA Meditation
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 am by lalith

» Hello I am back login again after a long time.
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 5:48 am by lalith

» Hello I am back again after long time
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 8:04 am by lalith

» New way to clear chacras all at once
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:15 pm by Domino

» Using Raku in treatments - advice please
How often do you practice Reiki? EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:06 pm by Domino

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 167 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 am

Poll

Did Reiki change your life ?
How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_left51%How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_right 51% [ 33 ]
How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_left12%How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_right 12% [ 8 ]
How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_left31%How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_right 31% [ 20 ]
How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_left2%How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_right 2% [ 1 ]
How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_left5%How often do you practice Reiki? Bar_right 5% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 65

REIKI FORUM
" QR Code "
Scan it on your mobile phone !

Free REIKI FORUM Android App !

+7
Autumn
pmcnally
AmonRa
Reiki Light
Colin
Divine Light
obe
11 posters

How often do you practice Reiki?

obe

How often do you practice Reiki? Empty How often do you practice Reiki?

Post by obe Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 pm

People, I was wondering how often do you practice Reiki on yourselves? Do you do it every day, every couple of days or only when you feel that you are low on energy? Very Happy Personally, I do it only when I feel Im tired, low on energy or when I have some minor issues with health like headache. Should I practice it everyday regrdless of my energy level or is my approach also ok? sunny
    Divine Light
    Divine Light
    Admin
    Admin

Female Posts : 304
    Job/hobbies : Usui Reiki Master

How often do you practice Reiki? Empty Re: How often do you practice Reiki?

Post by Divine Light Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi obe,

Personally, I don’t think it’s enough, even if it’s just for your personal well-being, I strongly encourage you to self treat more often. To maintain a good Reiki flow and to prevent any energy blockage and keep you in good shape.

Twice a week seems to be a minimum to me.

Hope you’ll have the opinions of others on this subject.

Many blessings to you, dear Zeljko.

How often do you practice Reiki? Glits_a3a29bef3707fae44a904f4ae7a17f81

Last edited by Divine Light on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Colin

Post by Colin Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 pm

obe wrote:People, I was wondering how often do you practice Reiki on yourselves? Do you do it every day, every couple of days or only when you feel that you are low on energy? Very Happy Personally, I do it only when I feel Im tired, low on energy or when I have some minor issues with health like headache. Should I practice it everyday regrdless of my energy level or is my approach also ok? sunny

Hi Zeljko

I think that some Reiki is better than no Reiki and I also think your approach is fairly typical of the Western approach to health and wellbeing. This approach is to wait until something is not right and then try to correct the problem - this is really creating more work for yourself in the long run! Smile

In the Orient the traditional approach to health and wellbeing is "prevention is better than cure" so by treating yourself regularly even when you feel OK you can keep your mind and body in optimum condition and there will be less likelihood of things going out of balance. If anything does occur (there are always cases of accident or picking up a bug from someone else etc.) then your body will be better equipped to fight it off and the healing should occur more quickly. Even if you can't manage a full treatment every day there is usually some time each day to spend a little time with your Reiki hands on yourself!

A full self treatment on a regular basis, or even better a regular Reiki session from someone else (so you can really relax and enjoy!) is ideal. Don't forget as well that you also receive Reiki when you give Reiki to another so the more treatments you do on others the better! This also increases your experience and sensitivity to the Reiki so you can become a better Reiki practitioner whilst keeping yourself in optimum condition! Smile

Hope that helps, Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    obe

Post by obe Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 am

Colin, Divine Light, thank you very much for your response and advice! cheers
    Reiki Light
    Reiki Light

Job/hobbies : Usui & Seichim Reiki Master

Post by Reiki Light Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 pm

I self treat myself each day in my bed! and I sleep like bady after that Very Happy
    and I feel full of energy the day after cheers

I think it's really a good thing to do often.

love and light to all.
    AmonRa
    AmonRa

Post by AmonRa Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi there!

Reiki is like another way of breathing.
    Everytime I remember to do so, whether I'm walking or sitting in the train, I shower or blast myself with reiki or one of its cousins. It's much much simpler and natural than most people will tell you. You don't basically need hand positions and all the technical stuff, although they are good tools to get used to self-healing. Basically, it's just about being aware and allowing it to act upon you.

I probably spend 60-90min a day consciously bathing in reiki or some similar energy, plus all the time where I use it as an actual "pain killer" or "medicine". Plus the time spent on others.
    It's like everything else in life, you need to practice a lot.
    Divine Light
    Divine Light
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Divine Light Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi AmonRa,

I agree with you, Ced, one can "turn on" anytime and give oneself Reiki energy anywhere.

You are right and you are doing really well. Continue that way.

In "Pranic Healing", we bread in the energy (in Quantum Touch too)

what technique do you use?

Love & Light
    AmonRa
    AmonRa

Post by AmonRa Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks Smile

I moved on a lot... I started with Usui, which felt like a miracle compared to my daily timeconsuming Chikung practice. I had no cash and the teachers around my living area looked kind of depressed, and definitely not healthy/happy, so I spend a few bucks on Ebay (like 7$/attunement) and found a few interesting styles. Then after a few months, out of nowhere my reiki started changing shape. I remember very weird stuff, like huge arms popping out into view to surround me. This only happened spontaneously and when I was working on myself, walking in the street or something. So I decided to experiment a bit, and ended up finding out more and more ways to use or summon my reiki.

I remember a very difficult step for me: I was reading The Flower of Life, by Drunvalo, and he was talking about connecting to the Earth, connecting to the earth... blablabla... I had this big No-No issue, where I couldn't find a way to "be like a little child" and let myself play the game. It seems girls do the connection thing more easily than guys. Anyways, after MONTHS of not being able to even start feeling any connection to the planet (by the way, this is one of the 2-3 meanings of "grounding") I finally found some interesting, yet completely "out there" stuff on the Keylontic Dictionary Online, or something like that.
    The quantum-physic-ish/magic/UFO/hippie stuff there was really interesting (if you keep an open mind) and I found a "ritual" called doing just what I needed, connecting to the earth. It was all very visual, somewhere between startrek and magic in video games, it suited my character perfectly (go ahead, call me geek LOL) and after playing around with it for a while, I found online a package of CDs using binaural technologies. I downloaded it eagerly and started listening to a Remote Viewing track during meditation. Binaural tracks make your brain hemispheres work together, which creates a window to lower your brain wave frequency far faster than regular meditation (breath control thoughts) allows.

After 15min I started seeing stuff... I mean really seeing, not visualising... I saw a desert, a weird arabian castle of white stone, very blurry, but still interesting, with a vivid sense of motion.
    After the castle, I kind of went up some moutain/peak and there was a wooden door on a plateau. I opened the door and received a gift. There I found a visual way (my forte) to connect with the earth really simply, with no fuss and in no time. I was so excited by this "gift" that I popped out of meditation and went online to share the system on my favorite forum. As I was typing the end of the post, the computer froze and crashed. I tried three times in row, typed three times in a row, the computer froze three times. I tried with my laptop on a wifi connection, the computer crashed....
    I decided there and then it was not to be shared, LOL.

No biggie anyway, just one more individual way of doing it.

So between all the reiki styles and binaural CD meditations and stuff, I'm pretty free style now...
    Sometimes I call down pillars of light, sometimes I use the "become the Sun" meditation approach, sometimes I just flare up, sometimes I feel like using good old usui reiki.
    Flexibility and creativity is important. Recently I work a lot with music that inspires me. When I say inspire, I mean that listening to it provokes immediate responses from my Chi pathways, my skin gets on fire and my chakras start dancing.
    I also believe that "seeing yourself" doing reiki gives a better result than "doing reiki on yourself".

Everybody should experiment and keep faith... doubt is a bad habit.
    Divine Light
    Divine Light
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Divine Light Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Ced,

I really think that you received a real gift and that it's not to be shared, that's why it was impossible for you to connect, this is no accident, it is too insistent.

So, keep it. maybe it's not the time yet (or never!) to share...!

Had you pratice some Japanese Technique too?

Love & Light
    AmonRa
    AmonRa

Post by AmonRa Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 pm

You mean japanese style reiki?
    Divine Light
    Divine Light
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Divine Light Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Joshin kokyu-ho, Gassho Kokyu-ho, Hatshurei-ho, etc.. techniques like that
    AmonRa
    AmonRa

Post by AmonRa Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Ah, Usui stuff lol

I do Gassho every morning and every night, a few minutes, chikung styles (ie. I look for internal feelings) I also do Gassho every time I feel bad or need to "reset" my system. The rest of the Usui stuff is mainly zazen/buddhist techniques. Good but not directly linked with reiki.

Hatsureihou is somewhere between Aura cleansing (very good for beginners) and self-hypnosis, which is a skill that should be taught in school... self-hypnosis allows you to fall into a deep meditative state in a few seconds if you have trained yourself for a few months.

I have a problem with the joshin kokyuhou/breathing. The "body radiating light" type of meditation is quite advanced, and is called circular or dolphin breathing in yoga. In chikung it's a very high level technique, because there is a big difference between the actual Chi radiating out, and the image of reiki/light radiating out. But if you do visualise it, then you chi might want to respond and follow. I do similar Light breathing exercices yes.

The whole sitting straight and tanden focusing is typical zazen. Good but not reiki per se. Japanese are stiff by nature, and those reiki techniques are old. Yoga and prana stuff are far more flexible
    pmcnally

Post by pmcnally Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 pm

Amonra, if you like the binaural music you might like the music here:
    http://www.visionarymusic.com/
    There are many free samples to download and try.
    pmcnally
    Autumn
    Autumn

Female Scorpio Posts : 2
    Job/hobbies : Phlebotomist

Post by Autumn Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 pm

I am newly attuned, and like Reiki Light I self treat every day at bedtime. I am loving the way way I feel,before self treatment I Reiki my bed, pillows, and even my childrens beds every night and we all wake up in the morning feeling amazing!
    Divine Light
    Divine Light
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Divine Light Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm

That's really perfect, Autumn ! Cool
    Continue that way as well as for yourself as well as for your dear family.
    They will receive lots of benefits from your practice hand position

Love & Light
    (What a cute avatar! Very Happy )
    Aes Sedia
    Aes Sedia

How often do you practice Reiki? Empty Always with me =)

Post by Aes Sedia Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:33 pm

[i] cheers

I don't have time for a full self treatment a lot of the times. I'm lucky if I get a full body treatment in for myself at least once a week, but I do mini sessions constantly.
    If I'm nervous at work I place my hands on my lap at my waist, or if no one is around and I have a headache on my forehead and back of the neck.
    I send the power symbol to my computer, my work, my food. If my stomach is upset I stop a moment, breathe,place my hands and inside my minds eye visualize the reiki.
    The other day my boyfriend hit his knee really hard on the table and fell over in pain, I instinctively ran over and placed my hands on the knee and began to channel the reiki energy.
    He felt better in moments! He was amazed! I even send it forward to intersections that I'm nervous to drive across. and right now I'm working on sending reiki into the past to promote forgiveness
    for myself and others. So I guess I've embraced Reiki as not just a practice, but as a way of living.

Love and Light,
    Aes Like a Star @ heaven
    Jetxa

Post by Jetxa Sun May 05, 2013 7:40 pm

I practice reiki every day. There is always someone who is in need or some situation that needs healing energies, especially if one has a facebook account. Very Happy Of course, the one person I most often neglect is myself.
    naturepixie

Post by naturepixie Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

I was giving myself Reiki everyday, then I just stop and I don't do it any more. I guess I get busy with life and don't find time for it.

I really need to start doing it again and get back into the practice. I really need a support group (y'all) to keep me motivated. I was looking for a group around me to met up once a month to share Reiki, but I can't find one.

Blessings!
    Cookienut

How often do you practice Reiki? Empty How often do I do Reiki?

Post by Cookienut Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:51 pm

I do a Reiki treatment every night before bedtime. I have several chronic disorders that are kept in good control with the daily treatments. Its very necessary to do the sessions every day for me. It makes me feel so much better, and lifts my mood and energy levels immensely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 am